Job Number: 190108
Department: Operating Rooms - Seattle
Hours: 7:00 am-5:30 pm
Located in Seattle, WA, Virginia Mason is an internationally
recognized leader in the continuous improvement of health care.
With an extensive list of awards and distinctions that includes our
recognition as Top Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group,
Virginia Mason offers you the opportunity to partner with
exceptionally talented peers at every level.
You will contribute to the strength of our Team Medicine approach
to collaborative medicine and benefit from the changes enacted
through our Virginia Mason Production System, a model that has
transformed health care by providing patients with easier access to
care, reducing errors, and continuously innovating patient safety
and quality that has been adopted by other organizations here and
abroad. Join us, and find out how many ways Virginia Mason offers
you the chance to focus on what really matters - our
The Surgical Technician provides technical assistance to the
surgeon intraoperatively by scrubbing, setting up, and maintaining
a sterile field for surgical procedures; assembling instruments and
equipment; preparing medications for use at the sterile field; and
functioning as a member of the surgical team.
* Completion of an accredited Surgical Technologist program.
* Current registration with the State of Washington as a Surgical
* Also required are: working knowledge of anatomy and physiology;
working knowledge of pharmacology and medical terminology;
understanding of instrumentation and equipment; skill in
establishing and maintaining a sterile field; skill in draping a
* Excellent communication skills.
* The ability to act as a member of the team.
* The ability to anticipate the needs of a surgeon and
* The ability to operate effectively in emergency and stressful
* Ability to take night and/or weekend call required.
* Ability to independently lift up to 20 pounds.
* Grasping and manual dexterity required to hand and/or finger
items frequently (sometimes continuously).
* Able to maintain a retracted position for up to one hour.
* Clear visual and auditory acuity with or without accomodation
required to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Extensive walking, sitting, standing, lifting, stretching, and
bending required (the staff member is expected to use, demonstrate,
and teach good body mechanics.)
* Ability to move equipment using a wheeled cart.
Just as Virginia Mason is dedicated to improving the lives of our
patients and our community, we are equally dedicated to your
professional and personal success. With a wide range of perks that
includes a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, and the
opportunity to live in one of the most livable cities in the
nation, you will find that an opportunity with Team Medicine is one
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.