We Are Hiring
Surgical First Assistant - Operating Room - FT Days - Ascension
Providence Rochester Hospital - Rochester, MI
Shift/Schedule: Three 12-hour shifts per week,
7:00 AM - 7:30 PM. On-call and holiday rotation.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital is a member of Ascension
Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the
Our Mission: Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital is
dedicated to enhancing the health status of the individuals and
communities we serve in partnership with our physicians, employees
and community members.
We are called to:
- Service of the Poor - Generosity of spirit, especially for
persons most in need
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and
diversity of life
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity - Courageous innovation
- Dedication - Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry
Our Vision: To be the recognized healthcare Employer of
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital,
you will have the opportunity to provide direct assistance to
surgeons during surgical procedures.
- Positions patient to give best exposure for surgical procedure,
using stabilizing equipment when necessary, while maximizing
patient comfort and safety.
- Provides visualization of the operative site using appropriate
method, including manipulation of tissue and materials, retraction,
sponging, suctioning and irrigation.
- Utilizes appropriate technique to achieve temporary and
- Assists with body plane closure, application of wound dressings
and securing of drainage systems.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Must possess and maintain current BLS certification at time of
hire/transfer date required.
- Certification as a First Assist to be attained within 1 year of
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification as a Surgical Tech preferred.
- Technical School
- Graduated from an accredited Surgical Technologist program as
well as graduated from an accredited First Assist program
- Three (3) or more years perioperative experience in the scrub
- Two or more years as surgical first assistant preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Rochester Providence Hospital is an equal opportunity
and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment
opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight,
genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any
other legally protected status in accordance with applicable
federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this
application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If
you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this
application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Thank you for considering a career with Crittenton Hospital Medical
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information