We Are Hiring
Sterile Processing Tech (BU) - Sterile Processing 001 - FT
Evening 75 Hours bi-Weekly - St Mary's of Michigan-MedCtr -
This is a union position.
9pm-5am, Varied weekends and holidays
Why Join Ascension?
Based in Saginaw, Ascension St. Mary's of Michigan is a regional
health system offering high quality care in cardiovascular,
neurosciences, orthopedics, emergency and trauma, cancer,
bariatrics, imaging diagnostics, and primary care. A part of
Ascension since 1999, we offer 268 beds and over 20 specialty
centers to provide access and care for people from over 70
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St. Mary's of Michigan, you will
have the opportunity to inspect, assemble and evaluate all surgical
instruments and instrument sets to ensure proper sterilization,
completeness of set, and to determine need for
- Performs decontamination of soiled instruments, sterilization
containers and equipment according to established protocols.
- Inspects instruments, equipment and containers to assure
cleanliness and proper functioning.
- Corrects instrument sets according to current standards and
established count sheets and/or instrument tracking systems.
- Maintains proper levels of inventory to ensure availability for
- All other duties as assigned.
- Performs all required quality assurance tests on equipment and
maintains daily records.
- Assembles and maintains specific surgical instruments utilized
throughout the facility.
- Functions as SPD/OR Liaison as required.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Central Service Tech specializing in Sterile
Processing obtained within 24 Months (2 years) of hire date or job
- HS or Equivalent
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Completion of a Sterile Processing technician program or 3
years in field experience required. Associates previously hired by
November 1, 2017 will be grandfathered with existing experience
into this position, waiving the program requirement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all
associates and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected
status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable
federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable
state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in
every location in which the company has facilities. This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but
not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information