We Are Hiring
St Thomas Midtown Hospital
Midtown Nursing Overflow Unit
Additional Job Details:
Why Saint Thomas Health?
Saint Thomas Health
is a family of Middle Tennessee
hospitals and physician practices united by a single mission: to
provide spiritually centered, holistic care that sustains and
improves the health of the communities we serve.
Saint Thomas Health is the leading faith-based health care system
in Tennessee and is a part of Ascension
, the largest
non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest
Catholic health system. We are committed to delivering
compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to
persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
What Saint Thomas Health has to offer:
What You Will Do at Saint Thomas Midtown :
- Power of Purpose : For us, work is more than the place
we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships,
connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit
impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork : We encourage diversity of
talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary
- Professional Development : By supporting our associates
and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care
and services we provide to the community. Through this development,
our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits : Saint Thomas Health
provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide
range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance
through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the
- Innovative Environment : We are a progressive, stable
company with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class
personalized care. At Saint Thomas Health, we are actively trying
new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare's toughest
As a Registered Nurse, you could serve in a Primary Stroke
Accredited, Chest Pain Accredited, and Bariatric Center of
Excellence Accredited hospital.
If you're looking for a career where you can put your skills and
experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your
goals for the future, join our team.
The qualifications you will need :
What You Will Do
- Largest obstetrical program in Tennessee, region and Ascension
Health with 6600 births annually
- 58,000+ ED visits
- State of the art, newly renovated orthopedic institute
- Newly opened comprehensive cancer institute
- Robust robotic surgical program
Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records
and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board
of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license
recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal
and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment
practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion,
gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran
No question or item on this application for employment is intended
to secure information to be used for such discrimination.
Information obtained through this application will be used solely
to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This
application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)