We Are Hiring
RN Registered Nurse - House Supervisor - Nursing Administration
- PRN, Rotating - Via Christi Hospital - Pittsburg, KS
Why Join Ascension?
Via Christi Health, a part of Ascension, is the largest
healthcare provider in the state of Kansas. The ministry operates a
network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory
surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We
provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300
employees. Via Christi Hospital Pittsburg was named one of the Top
100 Rural & Community Hospitals in the US by iVantage Health
Analytics and The Chartis Center for Rural Health for the last 2
years in a row.
What Via Christi Health offers:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than
the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures
relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can
provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and
spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the
community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of
talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary
- Professional Development: By supporting our
associates and their professional development, we ultimately
enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through
this development, our associates find new opportunities for career
- Compensation/Benefits: Via Christi Health
offers a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical,
dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also
take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement
or adoption assistance.
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and
Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational
to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when
providing care and services, particularly to those most in
What You Will Do
As a House Supervisor with Via Christi Health, you will have the
opportunity to supervise and coordinate unit staffing and provide
leadership while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and
quality patient care in assigned area.
- Assign, direct, educate and monitor nursing and support staff
during assigned shift. Contribute to or perform performance
evaluations of staff.
- Assess daily patient care needs and develop and distribute
patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate
patient care is given.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of patient care and identify any
issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Respond to complaints about patient care and manage through
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, development
and evaluating of staff.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Kansas Board of
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
- 1 year of experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and
Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial
consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected
Please see the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only
to individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic
Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link
below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)