Fulfill your calling at SSM Health.
At SSM Health we know that being a nurse is more than a career,
it is a calling. As an SSM Health nurse, you have responsibility to
carry on a ministry our founding Sisters set forth more than 144
years ago by offering hope and healing to our patients and when you
join our team, our sacred ministry is in your hands. Each one of us
brings a special gift to our Mission, what will yours be?
Employees tell us that the environment at SSM Health DePaul
Hospital St. Louis feels more like a family. Employees are warm
and friendly, they enjoy each other s company, they care for one
another and they share a passion for delivering exceptional patient
Join our exceptional team!
The Staff Nurse (RN) provides direct patient care in accordance
with established policies, procedures and protocols of SSM
- Creating an environment that leads to a positive patient care
experience by evaluating, planning and implementing effective plans
of care and communicating with both patients and their
- Serving as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-
coordinated patient care in an acute or clinic setting.
- Making sound decisions in response to changes in
condition/response to treatment while maintaining a calm
- Utilizing the Electronic Health Record to document patient
- Effectively coordinating with physicians and team members
regarding changes in patient status, symptomatology, results of
diagnostic tests and critical test values.
- Demonstrating an attitude that exemplifies SSM values of
Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Stewardship and Community.
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the
following physical capabilities:
SSM Health DePaul Hospital St. Louis
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 6 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 6 hours
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
SSM Health DePaul Hospital is a 476-bed hospital offering
comprehensive medical services, including inpatient and outpatient
surgeries using state-of-the-art technology and facilities. Opened
in 1828, DePaul Hospital - St. Louis was the first hospital west of
the Mississippi River and remains the oldest continuously existing
business in St. Louis. DePaul Hospital serves patients from across
the St. Louis metropolitan area, including the communities of
Bridgeton, Florissant, Hazelwood, St. Ann, St. John, Maryland
Heights and Overland.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits,
life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term
disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement
accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption
reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan
options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, intensive care, intensive care
unit, maternal, nurse, psychiatric, registed, surgical,