The Staff Nurse (RN) provides direct patient care in accordance
with established policies, procedures and protocols of SSM
- Creating an environment that leads to a positive patient care
experience by evaluating, planning and implementing effective plans
of care and communicating with both patients and their
- Serving as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care in an acute or clinic
- Making sound decisions in response to changes in
condition/response to treatment while maintaining a calm
- Utilizing the Electronic Health Record to document patient
- Effectively coordinating with physicians and team members
regarding changes in patient status, symptomatology, results of
diagnostic tests and critical test values.
- Demonstrating an attitude that exemplifies SSM values of
Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Stewardship and
- Degree from an accredited Nursing Program
- State of MO RN License
- Customer Service abilities and effective listening skills
Exceptional critical thinking and the ability to work in a team in
a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, pushing, pulling,
and lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 100 pounds
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the
following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 6 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 6 hours
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital St. Charles
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - St. Charles is a 433-bed
hospital offering highly-specialized care for critically ill
patients. The hospital excels in many areas, including open-heart
surgery, cardiac catheterizations, trauma and emergency services,
sleep medicine, obstetrics, surgical services, oncology, vascular
surgery, orthopedics and gastroenterology.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits,
life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term
disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement
accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption
reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan
options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Join our team for an online chat! There is no formal agenda,
just jump online from your computer, smartphone or tablet to share
your experiences, ask questions and learn about opportunities. It's
as simple as texting with a friend. Click here to register
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, infusion, neonatal, nurse, nurse
clinical, psychiatric, recovery, registed, surgery, transitional