* This position is responsible for emergency patient transfer
coordination and communications for the UT Health system.
* Work with Emergency Department, EMS, AirOne, Medical Staff and
referring hospitals to accomplish the rapid and efficient transfer
of patients. This entails effective communication with the Medical
Staff and all ancillary Emergency Service Staff in promoting safe
and appropriate transfer acceptance and delivery.
* Coordinator Rapid Response Code Activation that include Trauma,
STEMI, Code Stroke and the Radiology Team.
* Coordinator for Emergency Safety and activate for Disaster
Preparedness in compliance with the Safety Policy and
* Maintain and verify the Physician On Call Active listing for
referral and hospital distribution. Personnel will understand and
support the UT Health mission, vision and values and adhere to
hospital policies and procedures.
* Receives Transfer Hotline Calls and connects transferring
physician with the appropriate receiving physician in a rapid
efficient manner while monitoring call for important information
* Receives HEARN and 800 systems radio reports and relays to the
appropriate unit and/or physician in a rapid efficient manner.
Notifies the appropriate unit and/or physician of changes in the
patient's condition while en route. -
* Coordinates communications with ED/Transferring physicians with
the appropriate Medical Staff physician to ensure expedited and
secure connection with reporting and facilitating transfer
acceptance to the appropriate higher level of care service -
* Maintains Data Call Log intake in the computer system databank
that includes the summary detail and patient and physician
* Coordinates with ETEMS Communications Center when a request for
helicopter transfer is received by a transferring hospital or
* Maintains status of AirOne helicopters in regards to weather and
maintenance status, as well as crew members on duty for each
aircraft and keeps the Program Director informed of changes and
important information as necessary. -
* Coordinates Rapid Response and Emergency test pages and code
Activation with databank entry. -
* Maintains and verifies active listing Physician On Call Schedules
for referral and Hospital Distribution
So what experience are we looking for in our Registered
* Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) or Bachelor of Science in
Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school.
* 2 years RN experience required;1-2 Years ER/EMS experience.
* Current RN license or compact RN license to practice in
* Current BLS required, ACLS preferred.
Now that you read about what you will be doing and the experience
we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of
UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including
veterans and persons with disabilities).