Advancing Healthcare Together - The Future of Healthcare is in East
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a
massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We
work closely together to create a positive experience for our
patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide
meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will
have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone's
life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Athens, Texas is a small town with a huge heart where
you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody
is somebody here.
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is
comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east
Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed
in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services
to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics,
Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a
metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
Our UT Health Tyler hospital is seeking an experienced Registered
Nurse. We are looking for your experience, knowledge and patient
care skills in our Main Surgery department where you will be
* Provides age specific peri-operative nursing care to surgical
patients based on the nursing process and approved standards of
peri-operative nursing care. Directs and assists members of the
peri-operative team in providing such care when professional
nursing skills and judgment are needed in order to maintain a safe,
aseptic, and cost effective environment to all patients which
clearly spells quality and excellence.
* Assesses the physiological, psychological, and psychosocial
health status of the infant, pediatric, adult and geriatric age
groups in a systematic and continuous manner, to initiate the
* Formulates a nursing diagnosis and care plan based on individual
patient care assessment needs
* Maintains accurate, concise, legible, and complete records while
assuring patient confidentiality.
* Performs in the scrub and/or circulating role a variety of
routine/complex procedures with confidence and competence.
* Utilizes equipment/ instruments with standard operating
procedures to facilitate expected outcome for patients.
* Participate in Quality and Process Improvements by collecting and
monitoring data for performance improvement to produce quality and
excellent patient outcome.
* Acts as a resource and role model for staff and students.
* Maintains skills and knowledge through training and continuing
education to provide expected standards of care.
* Follows and adheres to department policy/procedure while carrying
out duties and responsibilities as identified.
* Provides good customer service by utilizing good communication
skills and technical knowledge to ensure U.T.H.E.T and departmental
objectives are maintained
So what experience are we looking for in our RNs?
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited
* A minimum of 2 years' recent experience in an Operating
* Current RN license or compact RN license to practice in
* Current CPR Healthcare Provider.
* BLS, ACLS certified.
Now that you read about what you will be doing and the experience
we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in our patients'
The University of Texas Health East Texas is an equal opportunity
educator and employer (including veterans and persons with