Accepts responsibility for clinical aspects of the program.
Directs program elements including supervision of staff and program
- Assist providers in patient examination, evaluation, and
clinical procedures as needed. Initiate or assist providers with
emergency measures including, but not limited to, the following:
CPR, oxygen administration, IV placement, and maintenance of oral
- Coordinate ordering and scheduling of hospital-based tests and
procedures. Ensure that instructions are given to and fully
understood by the patient.
- Analyze patient data and plan nursing interventions based on
assessed needs. Make referrals for further assessment by other
hospital services as identified in screening/reassessment.
- Validate patient's response to care or treatment and reassess
when significant change occurs in patient condition to revise the
patient's plan of care.
- Coordinate patient care assignments to personnel supervised,
considering staff competencies, patient population, equipment used,
condition of patient, environmental factors, infection control,
safety factors, and availability of direct/indirect
- Administer prescribed medications orally, topically, and by
- Maintain pharmacy supplies and prevent expiration of
pharmaceuticals and IV solutions stocked by the clinic. Maintain
all equipment and supplies, ensuring readiness of all such
equipment and supplies.
- Ensure proper disposal of needles, blades, used syringes, and
all contaminated articles, and perform other risk management
- Accept responsibility for managing all patient telephone calls
of a clinical nature, communicating with the physician as
appropriate and providing information to the patient as directed by
the physician, documenting when necessary.
- Maintain current knowledge of nursing practice state
regulations and accept responsibility for professional practice
within the scope of that practice. Maintain clinical skills and
knowledge through continuing education activities. Serve as a
consultant to all departments and personnel in matters relative to
oncology, pulmonary, diabetes, and cardiovascular nursing
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the
overall function of this position.
- Licensed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing as a Registered
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess
the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 25 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 5 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 5 hours
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
About SSM St. Anthony's Hospital
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility
specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral
medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown
Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as
many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural
affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex
campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access
to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony
added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St.
Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality
Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST
Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others.
Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality
and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many
national health care organizations
Associated topics: ambulatory, care, maternal, mhb, nurse clinical,
psychiatric, recovery, registered nurse, surgery, tcu