With 40 programs and service sites spanning several counties,
United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura & Santa Barbara
Counties (UCPLA) is the largest nonprofit provider of direct care
services for individuals with developmental and intellectual
disabilities in Southern California.
UCPLA is currently hiring a Registered Nurse (RN)
to care for individuals with developmental disabilities as a member
of a multidisciplinary team to provide therapeutic interventions
and direct support to enable people to realize their goals. You
will assess program participant's health problems and needs,
develop and implement nursing care plans, maintain medical records,
and administer nursing care. You will oversee clinical services
provided by Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN) staff who provides
support to participants across a variety of settings.
- Provides a minimum of 1 case review per week per person
referred for health services in this Specialized Therapeutic
- Supervises LVN clinical responsibilities and determines LVN
assignment to people using the service and requiring nursing
- Coordinates and assures implementation of Nursing/Health Care
Plans provided from home setting or Regional Center.
- Coordinates and collaborates with RN from home setting,
hospitals, regional centers, or other settings to ensure continuity
of care under the Specialized Therapeutic Service.
- May be required to accompany program participants to medical
appointments which may require RN intervention and advocacy.
- Completes monthly progress notes based on Nursing/Health Care
Plan and all individual changes in condition.
- Facilitates, develops content, leads, and co-leads workshops
and/or group sessions on health topics including but not limited to
reproductive health and preventative health habits.
- Participates as a member of the referral and intake process for
Specialized Therapeutic Services.
- Consults with multidisciplinary team members/program director
and/or Director of Client Services when behaviors present potential
risk management concerns, and makes recommendations to ameliorate
- Participates in the development and design of staff trainings,
program documentation, and service design changes.
- Adheres to and participates in Company's mandatory FERPA and
HIPAA privacy program/practices and Business Ethics and Compliance
- Valid California RN License
- Valid and current proof of legal right to drive in California
and proof of insurance.
- Minimum of one-year full-time clinical experience as an RN
- Minimum of one-year experience working with individuals with
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Strong supervisory and management skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to communicate and work professionally and
cooperatively with others
- Ability to successfully pass all post offer, pre-employment
screening requirements, including criminal background check, drug
screening, physical exam, and provide proof of eligibility to work
in the United States
- Ability to run, push, pull, bend, squat, kneel, climb, stoop,
twist, lift, and transfer clients (with assistance of others and
We offer competitive starting salaries and benefits to full-time
staff: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Life Assistance
Program, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Paid Holidays, Vacation
Benefits, Sick Leave Benefits, Referral Bonus Plan, and Retirement
UCPLA is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply
with equal opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it
operates. UCPLA also considers qualified applicants with criminal
histories for employment pursuant to California Law and, if
applicable, the L.A. Fair Chance Ordinance.