General responsibilities include: Providing call time for 40 hours
per month. Providing forensic documentation of injury and photo
documentation as needed. Assess patients who are thought to be
victims of abuse. Will offer medication from our medication tree as
approved by physician who is overseeing the care of the patient.
Will provide factual/expert testimony in court as well as providing
court readiness. Will notify advocate agencies as needed (DFS,
ContactLifeline and/or CAC). Works with a multidisciplinary team
which includes law enforcement.
Minimum three years SANE experience required. Minimum five years
Emergency Department or Critical Care experience preferred.
Forensic evaluation. Skill Proficiency. Stays competent and has
ability to perform and defend a complete Sane exam in the court of
law Equipment Operation. Does annual competencies for all SANE
equipment. Remains proficient in all equipment such as digital
photography SANE/Domestic Violence referrals. Makes appropriate
referrals for all victims Interdisciplinary SANE communication.
Communicates well in interdisciplinary team with Law enforcement,
advocates and prosecutions documentation. Maintains all
documentation standards Assessment. Provides assessment as required
to meet medical and legal standards Skill Proficiency. Completed
required competencies. Call time Provides 40 hrs. per month
availability of call time.
* RN - Registered Nurse
* SANE - Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners
* BLS - Basic Life Saving certification
* ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support
* EKG - EKG certification/class
* PALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support
* TNCC - Trauma Nurse Core Course/ Training
Competencies and skills:
* Experience In Hospital Or Acute Care Setting
* Clear Communication Skills Both Written And Verbal
* Able To Keep Confidential Information Regarding Patients, Team
* Able To Withstand Crisis Situations
* Has Skills To Provides Customer Service To Patients, Team Members
* Knowledge And Experience With Electronic Health Records
* Master of Science in Nursing
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, cardiothoracic, ccu, infusion,
neonatal, nurse clinical, psychatric, registered nurse, staff nurse