We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse RN - Nursing Float Pool - FT Nights - Ascension
Providence Rochester Hospital - Rochester, MI
Shift/Schedule: Three 12-hour shifts per week,
7:00 AM - 7:30 PM. Every third weekend.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital is a member of Ascension
Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the
Our Mission: Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital is
dedicated to enhancing the health status of the individuals and
communities we serve in partnership with our physicians, employees
and community members.
We are called to:
- Service of the Poor - Generosity of spirit, especially for
persons most in need
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and
diversity of life
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity - Courageous innovation
- Dedication - Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry
Our Vision: To be the recognized healthcare Employer of
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital you
will have the opportunity to
- Collect comprehensive data pertinent to the healthcare
consumer's health and/or the situation.
- Analyze the assessment data to determine the diagnoses or the
- Identify expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the
healthcare consumer or the situation.
- Develop a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to
attain expected outcomes.
- Implement the identified plan.
- Evaluate progress towards attainment of outcomes.
- Practice ethically.
- Attain knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing
- Integrate evidence and research findings into practice.
- Contribute to quality nursing practice.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of formats in all areas of
- Demonstrate leadership in the professional practice setting and
- Collaborate with healthcare consumer, family, and others in the
conduct of nursing practice.
- Evaluate your nursing practice in relation to professional
practice standards and guidelines, relevant statues, rules, and
- Utilize appropriate resources to plan and provide nursing
services that are safe, effective, and financially
- Practice in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide
appropriate care to all ages of patients serviced on the unit.
- This position involves direct patient care and supervision of
other health care providers. Use and disclosure of personal health
information on a "need to know basis" may be necessary for purposes
of treatment and hospital operations.
- Perform all other duties and assignments as requested, i.e.,
special projects and committees.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Current ACLS certification or obtain within six (6) months of
hire or transfer required.
- Obtain and maintain BLS certification on completion of hospital
- Current State of Michigan Registered Nurse license at time of
hire/transfer date required.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) course preferred.
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification preferred.
- Current ENPC preferred.
- NIHSS certification preferred.
- Trauma Care After Resuscitation (TCAR) certification
- Graduate from an accredit School of Nursing at time of
- BSN preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years acute care experience in the past (4)
- Critical Care experience is especially
- Successful completion of twelve (12) hour Telemetry Class
within one (1) year of hire or transfer date required.
- To work with a Hospital defined specialty patient, the
Registered Nurse must meet the competency requirements of that
patient population as defined by the Nursing Department.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Rochester Providence Hospital is an equal opportunity
and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment
opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight,
genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any
other legally protected status in accordance with applicable
federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this
application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If
you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this
application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Thank you for considering a career with Crittenton Hospital Medical
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information