We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse - RN - Neurology Unit We are hiring: Are
you an experienced Registered Nurse interested in
IF so, join our amazing Neurology team at Saint Agnes
Why join Ascension?
What You Will Do
What you will do:
- Exceptional Reputation: With 30 beds and a 4-5:1 nurse
to patient ratio on the Neurology unit, you'll join the most
experienced nursing professionals in Maryland as part of Saint
Agnes Healthcare's team caring for Neuro, Stroke, Tele and often
- The Neurology department at Saint Agnes Hospital offers the
most advanced methods for treating stroke, sleep disorders, and
other neurological issues - with a multidisciplinary team of
neurologists working together to lead the way in this discipline
with innovative treatments. The department features our Primary
Stroke Center which has received numerous awards including the
prestigious Gold Plus Recognition Award for excellence in stroke
care, given by the American Heart/ American Stroke
- Transformational Healthcare Environment: Our care teams
collaborate between each other nationwide. Through working and
learning together, we can create standards of excellence to be used
across the system. We embrace change if it will improve the outcome
for the patient.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a
competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of
flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through
generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the
Nurses are on the front lines of the care we provide, and for that
reason, Saint Agnes prides itself in employing some of the best
nurses in Baltimore. And while we pride ourselves in having some of
the most experienced nurses in the state, we always welcome
exceptional nurses who are eager to join our Neurology team.
What You Will Need
What you will need:
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records
and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains professional development.
Shift and facility information:
- Fulltime, night shift ( 7p-7a) position and rotating positions
For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes Hospital, part of Ascension,
has been dedicated to the art of healing by providing exceptional
care to the greater Baltimore area. Built on a strong foundation of
excellent medical care and compassion, Saint Agnes and the
physicians who practice here are committed to providing the best
care for our patients for many years to come.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Maryland Board
of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license
recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date.
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Health Service Provider
credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained
prior to hire date. Or military CPR-First Aid training.
Education and Work Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- One year of nursing experience required