We Are Hiring
St. Vincent's Health System, part of Ascension, is made up of St.
Vincent's Birmingham, St. Vincent's Blount, St. Vincent's East, St.
Vincent's St. Clair, St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health and
Wellness, and the St. Vincent's Ambulatory Healthcare Network,
which includes a wide range of services, from family care to home
health. Together, we provide a special brand of personalized,
compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech, meeting
the needs of people in more than 40 communities.
6AM until scheduled finished each day. Monday - Friday. No
weekends, holidays, or call.
St. Vincent's Birmingham Hospital:
St. Vincent's Birmingham is located downtown and it has over 400
beds and provides space for many physician offices. We are
currently in a large renovation project to create more patient
rooms and waiting areas. St. Vincent's provides care for many
patients within the downtown area and surrounding communities.
Known for our Birth Suites and Ortho Sports service line, St.
Vincent's has a strong reputation in the Birmingham as the hospital
of choice for many services and the hospital is easy to get to from
St. Vincent's Birmingham (Downtown)
- Largest faith-based, not for profit hospital in
- Currently renovating hospital rooms and waiting areas.
- Expansion of our parking decks to accommodate patients and
- Free parking for our associates.
- Several satellite parking lots available with free shuttle
service to the hospital.
- Friendly family environment.
- "Where Babies are Born!"
- World renowned Andrews Sports Medicine Orthopedic Center.
- Downtown location appeals to those that love city life, just
minutes from great restaurants, entertainment, historical sites and
- Skilled staff that care about the patients and each other.
As a Registered Nurse (RN) with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you
will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of
the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records
and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board
of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
- Associate degree or Bachelors degree in Nursing preferred
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its
ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and
regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to
all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its
ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national
origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)