We Are Hiring
Our ICU team is looking for a Registered Nurse to join their
team as a Lead RN! This is a full-time, day shift position at
Ascension - All Saints in Racine, WI.
Why Join Ascension?
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of
related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500
associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230
million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty
in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is
a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering
compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to
persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is
the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's
largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care -
including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities -
in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit We're looking for
talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ascension - All Saints, you will have the
opportunity to coordinate unit staffing and provides leadership
while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality
patient care in assigned area.
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support
staff during assigned shift. Contributes to or performs performance
evaluations of staff.
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes
patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate
patient care is given.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any
issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through
- Serves as a resource on issues related to nursing care and
clinical standards, policies and procedures.
- May conduct rounds to assess and monitor patient condition, and
adjust care plan accordingly.
- Participates in direct delivery of patient care.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the state of
Wisconsin or Multi-State Compact obtained prior to hire date or job
transfer date. Additional certifications may be required for
specific job locations.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Advanced Life Support specializing in Advanced Cardio
Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association
- Certified Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the
American Heart Association (AHA).
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing required Bachelor's
Degree in Nursing preferred
- Two (2) years of related experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will
not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on
basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation,
disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status
protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
(HEALTH MINISTRY) participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)