We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Pool
St Vincent's East, Trussville, AL
Additional Job Details:
Full-Time Day, 7A-7P, 3 -12 hour
shifts per week, every 4th weekend, holiday requirements.
St. Vincent's Health System, part of Ascension, is made up of St.
Vincent's Birmingham, St. Vincent's Blount, St. Vincent's East, St.
Vincent's St. Clair, St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health and
Wellness, and the St. Vincent's Ambulatory Healthcare Network,
which includes a wide range of services, from family care to home
health. Together, we provide a special brand of personalized,
compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech, meeting
the needs of people in more than 40 communities.
St. Vincent's East Hospital Campus - Trussville,
St. Vincent's East is licensed for 362 beds and is located just 20
minutes from downtown. It sits between Irondale and Trussville, AL.
It is a general medical and surgical facility that offers a variety
of programs and services to fit individual, corporate, and
community needs. It is the second largest Ascension hospital in the
Birmingham area. It is situated on a hill overlooking the beautiful
community of Trussville, AL. This hospital has a suburb feel which
appeals to those outlying communities that prefer not to have to
St. Vincent's East provides all the service lines that our downtown
hospital provides except for Birth Suites and NICU which is
exclusive to our downtown location. It is the home for our only
Behavioral Health service line and offers a level III Emergency
Why Join Ascension?
- Great location with a suburb feel for patients not wanting to
- Part of the largest faith based, not for profit hospitals in
- Behavioral Health Facility on the East campus.
- Free and easy parking for hospital and physical
- Offers all the major service lines except Birth
- Easy access from many rural communities.
- Hospital has a longstanding presence in the community.
- Excellent staff that provides care for those in their
What You Will Do
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values
guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our
work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when
providing care and services, particularly to those most in
- One Ascension: We are One Ascension. We share a drive to
care for people and provide the best possible outcomes for our
patients. Personalized care is our calling, and teamwork is the way
we provide it.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just
a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering
quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team
members, and the community.
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we
go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships,
connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide
holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit.
Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a
competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of
flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through
generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the
- Wellbeing Programs: Transforming healthcare starts with
taking care of our associates. We know our associates are busy and
on the go. We provide our team resources and tools to help them
proactively manage their physical, spiritual, and emotional
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our
people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the
chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we
serve, associates benefit from significant professional
opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the
Are you knowledgeable in many areas of nursing? Then you will be
able to support patient care throughout the hospital in areas such
as ICU, Stepdown and Med-Surg. As our Float Registered
, you will be part of a small group of RNs who are skilled
in a variety of specialties.
What You Will Need
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records
and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job
- ACLS Certification required within 6 months of hire
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed
from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date.
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
Equal Employment Opportunity
- 1 year of nursing experience required
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its
ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and
regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to
all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its
ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national
origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)