We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse - Borgess Staffing Solutions - ER Float
Staffing - PRN Rotating - Borgess Medical Center - Kalamazoo,
Why Join Ascension?
Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million
people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and
bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region's
largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part
of Ascension since 1999.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Borgess Health-MI, you will have the
opportunity to provide direct nursing care in a diverse healthcare
environment in accordance with established policies, procedures and
protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records
and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- The practice of professional nursing is the systematic
application of specialized knowledge and skill, derived from the
biological, physical, and behavioral sciences to the care,
treatment, counsel and health teaching of individuals who are
experiencing changes in normal health processes or who require
assistance in the maintenance of health and the prevention or
management of illness, injury or disability and demonstrates this
through the application of Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice
and Standards of Professional Performance defined by the American
- Recognizes that each patient is a unique individual and has the
right to quality nursing care that ensures mutual goal setting
between the Registered Nurse and the patient. Assures patient
rights and privacy are protected. Recognizing personal,
interpersonal, and social systems, the nursing process.
- Facilitates the promotion, maintenance and restoration of an
individual's health, incorporating knowledge of growth and
development through the life span. The scope of nursing practice
includes teaching, direction, and supervision of less skilled
personnel in the performance of delegated nursing activities.
- Provides professional nursing care within medical facilities,
including hospitals, nursing homes, and physician offices.
- Delegates the acts, tasks or functions and bears the
responsibility for the acts, tasks, or functions within the scope
of delegation. Accountable to the ethical and professional
standards as defined in the ANA Code for Nurses, the ANA Nursing's
Social Policy Statement, the State of Michigan Public Health Code,
and the ANA and Specialty Nursing Standards of Clinical
- Accountable to the standards set by the facilities as defined
in the Administrative, Patient Care and Biosafety Policy and
Procedure Manuals. Accountable to adhering to the standards set by
regulatory agencies such as but not limited to the Joint Commission
on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), Conditions of
Participation of Healthcare Finance Administration (HCFA), and
Michigan Occupational Health and Safety (MOSHA).
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certification specializing in Crisis Prevention obtained within
3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Finger Printing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job
- Graduate of a School of Nursing required at start date.
- Must have at least one year acute care experience as a
Registered Nurse in the emergency room.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to
the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color,
age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran
or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only
to individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information