We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse RN-Transport - Critical Care Transport NICU
PICU- PRN Rotating - Indianapolis-2001 West 86th St - Indianapolis,
The team works 24 hour shifts
The position would entail PRN work with, at minimum, one 12 hour
shift per week (24 hours per two week pay period)
to ensure safety and crew preparation is optimized, critical care
transport crew are not permitted to work at another place of employ
for the 10 hours preceding a shift with the critical care transport
holiday and weekend rotations are established per FTE
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based
health system that is guided by our mission to provide
compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are
vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana's largest employers with
22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana.
Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services
including cardiovascular care, women's and children's health,
neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care,
emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute
What You Will Do
As a Registered Nurse with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have
the opportunity to provide advanced life support for critically
ill/injured patients at the scene and during transport as part of
the air transport team.
- Responds to calls via flight, evaluates the scene of an
accident and notifies appropriate authorities/requests additional
assistance as required.
- Performs patient assessment and triage; provides advanced life
support and/or emergency care as needed before and during
- Contacts receiving medical personnel, reports observations and
- Determines appropriate mode of transport and assists with
locating and establishing a landing zone for the aircraft.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American
Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- One or more of the following:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the American Nurses
Credentialing Center (ANCC) obtained prior to hire date or job
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing
obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation.
- Drivers License credentialed from the Indiana Bureau of Motor
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
- Minimum of three (3) years with five (5) preferred in the HROB
unit or, a maternal fetal critical care transport team.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click
the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the
Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the
E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)