We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiovascular Unit 001 - Part-Time,
Weekend Options - Indianapolis-2001 West 86th St - Indianapolis,
Saturday and Sunday Day shift
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent is the 8th largest employer in the
state of Indiana with 20 hospitals. Voted one of
the 15 Best Health Systems in the Nation by
Thomson Reuters. A Teaching Hospital with a Magnet
Designation for nursing.
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit,
faith-based health system that is guided by our
mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for
those who are vulnerable. Our 134-year-old health
system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular
care, women's and children's health, neurosciences, cancer care,
orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging,
general surgery and long-term acute care.
- At St. Vincent, nursing is more than a job;
it's a calling with a purpose of caring, healing and hope.
- Come Make a Difference - by joining the St.
Vincent Nurse Family of Super Hero Nurses dedicated to healthcare
that focuses on the whole person - body, mind, and spirit
What You Will Do
As a Cardiac Registered Nurse your calling is
to treat patients suffering from heart diseases and conditions. You
have a desire to be challenged and excel in
intense, fast-paced environments. St. Vincent Indianapolis Hospital
offers some of the most advanced cardiovascular care in the
Cardiovascular Transplant Critical Care Unit -
- Highly acute Cardiac ICU/Cardiac Recovery Unit
specializing in advanced heart failure,
transplant, VAD's, thoracic and vascular patient populations.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records
and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support Minimum Qualification: Basic Life Support
(BLS) certification obtained within thirty days of hire date to
- Registered Nurse Minimum Qualification: Valid Registered Nurse
(RN) license in the State of Indiana obtained upon hire date to
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Preferred Qualification: Advanced
Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Minimum Qualification: Associate's Degree in Nursing by hire
date to position
- Preferred Qualification: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing by hire
date to position
- One year of experience working as a Registered Nurse (RN).
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click
the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the
Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the
E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)