We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse - Employee Health - Employee Hlth and Wellness
001 - FT Days Monday - Friday can vary. 1 or 2 weekend shifts
possibly during Influenza Season - St Mary's Hospital - Amsterdam,
Why Join Ascension?
Since its beginning in 1903, St. Mary's in Amsterdam, NY, part
of Ascension, has provided compassionate care to the patients it
serves giving special attention to the poor and vulnerable
populations in the area including Amsterdam and the surrounding
areas which sit at the feet of the majestic Adirondack Mountains.
Patients, physicians and associates prefer us because of our
reputation for excellence and service, and our commitment to safety
and quality. Our Catholic health ministry is dedicated to
spiritually centered, holistic care, which sustains and improves
the health of individuals and communities. We are advocates for a
compassionate and just society through our actions and our words.
St. Mary's features an award-winning acute care hospital, primary
and specialty care centers throughout Fulton and Montgomery
counties, more than 30 behavioral health services for persons in
Fulton, Montgomery and Hamilton counties, a full continuum of
physical rehabilitation services and a 160-bed nursing home. The
organization has earned exceptional national rankings for
excellence in medicine and has a continuing commitment to provide
an exceptional patient experience. As a Professional Registered
Nurse with Ascension St. Mary's, you will have the opportunity to
minister to the physical, spiritual, emotional, psychosocial and
cultural needs of our patients, family members, and hospital staff.
You will become a member of an inspired Model Community of engaged
What You Will Do
As an Registered Nurse Employee Health with St. Mary's Hospital
-NY, you will have the opportunity to provide health care services
to the organization's employees in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
- To coordinate/provide EH services to SMH associates across
multiple locations; i.e. Main and Memorial Campuses, Rao pavilion,
numerous off site locations (UCC, Primary/Specialty Care,
- Conducts pre-employment health screenings and immunization
- Computer skills will be required for the following, EH data
collection, data entry, and reporting. Will need to learn Employee
Health Software program.
- Will be required to have certification for urine drug testing.
Training and certification provided on site.
- Will be trained to administer tuberculin skin testing, as well
as conduct respiratory fit testing. Training provided.
- Will be required to organize annual employee flu clinics, and
administer vaccine to associates.
- Will be required to review all sharp and BBP exposure incidents
for compliance and provide follow-up
- May attend meetings as assigned
- Conduct review of employee incidents as assigned
- Conduct audits as assigned
- Ensures compliance with applicable workplace safety laws and
regulations. May also participate in safety training programs.
- Provides employee counseling and referrals for occupational
injuries and illnesses as well as other health-related
- May participate in work and community Health programs and
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or
job transfer date.
- Nursing License required obtained prior to hire date or job
- Registered Nurse preferred
Education and Experience:
- Diploma/Associate degree preferred
- 5 years of nursing experience preferred.
- Prior employee health/infection control experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary's Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords
equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status
protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of
race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age,
disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
St. Mary's Healthcare participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more