About the Department:
Join our exceptional Observation team that supports our 115-bed,
state-of-the-art Emergency Department and accredited Level I Trauma
Center as a leader on the nursing team. Our department delivers
care to over 135,000 patients a year.
Why Reading Hospital?
- Magnet Designated
- Level I Trauma Center
- Emergency Nurses Association 2018 Lantern Award
- MICU: Silver Beacon Award for Excellence by The American
Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- Healthgrades: America's 100 Best Hospitals Awardâ ¢ (2)
- Five-Star Ranking, 2019 â€ one of only 11 hospitals in the
state to do so!
- US News & World Report : 6th best hospital in PA
- Comprehensive benefits to include earned time off, enhanced
tuition assistance, retirement savings with employer match and so
- Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications
within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care
goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions,
medications, and self-care skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically reports to a manager or head of a
- Current Pennsylvania RN licensure
- Current BLS Certification
- Previous RN experience, preferred