Provide continuous and comprehensive services necessary forthe
promotion of optimal mental health, prevention and treatment of
psychiatricdisorders, and health maintenance.to adults and
adolescents, in an privatelyowned commercial clinic. This includes
the assessment, diagnosis, andmanagement of mental health problems
and psychiatric disorders as well as theprescription and management
The NP works collaboratively with other on-site mentalhealth
providers as well as with community PCPs and school
Supervision Report directly to Supervising Physician orMedical
Typical Duties & Responsibilities: Patient Care
- Work to provide comprehensive mental healthservices to
- Through patient evaluation, determine adifferential diagnosis
and plan for intervention.
- Adhere to standards via identified text and/orvia office
practice standard protocols.
- Maintain a customer-oriented approach to meetingpatient needs
in an expedient manner, involving the family in the plan of careas
- Maintain confidentiality and patient privacy.
- Document care provided; meeting standards forchart
- Seek consultations as appropriate, act as aconsultant as
- Takes an active role to contribute to theimprovement of office
- Maintains a effective panel size and isresponsible for at least
16 patient visits per day
Skills required - Ability tocommunicate clearly both in writing and
verbally with patients, health careteam members, families, and
school staff. Ability to function independentlywith regards to most
clinical decision making. Ability to relate well to patientsWell
versed in mental health and assessment.
Education/experienced required - Master's prepared
NursePractitioner in Psychiatry with 5-10 or more years experience
working in anambulatory psychiatric setting.
Associated topics: anesthetist, anesthetist crna, aprn, assistant
cna, associate, certified nursing, crna, nurse practitioner,
physician assistant, specialist