We Are Hiring
We are Hiring
St. Vincent's East in Trussville is hiring a Orthopedic Team Lead
Monday - Friday 6:20am - 3:00 pm
Weekday call, Weekend call, Holiday call, Stay Late
Why join Ascension
St. Vincent's East is a 362-bed hospital located just 20 minutes
from downtown Birmingham. Located in the suburbs, this campus has a
beautiful view of the town and free and convenient parking.
What you will do
- As a member of the operating room, you will have the
opportunity to advance your knowledge in a highly specialized and
- We offer many continuing education opportunities and tuition
- As an associate of the national healthcare system Ascension,
you will enjoy a full benefits package that boasts affordable
health coverage and generous PTO. In addition, you have
opportunities for advancement or relocation throughout your
The main OR at St. Vincent's is a state-of-the-art surgical
facility boasts 12 operating suites. Common surgical procedures
include: bariatric, laparoscopies, total joints, arthroscopies and
robotic (XI robot) procedures.
As a Lead Surgical Technologist with St. Vincent's East, you will
have the opportunity to lead daily operations of surgical suites in
support of surgical procedures.
- Leads and coordinates shift operations including schedules and
- Prepares surgical operating suite with sterile and non-sterile
instruments and supplies.
- Assists surgeons during surgery, providing required and
requested instruments and supplies to surgeon and assisting with
- Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping
- Maintains instruments in an organized manner and monitors and
tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
- Performs staff orientation, training, and coaching. Provides
input to staff performance evaluations.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job
- One or more of the following:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board
of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Surgical Assistant credentialed from the National Board of
Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) obtained prior
to hire date or job transfer date.
- Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Center for
Competency Testing (NCCT) obtained prior to hire date or job
- Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Board of Surgical
Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) obtained prior to hire
date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Central Service Tech credentialed from the International
Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
- 1 year of experience required.
- Orthopaedics scrub experience preferred.
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its
ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and
regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to
all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its
ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national
origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)