The Registered Nurse, Multi-Specialty, performs as a
professional nurse in the areas of patient care and education.
1. Utilizes the nursing process: assessment, planning,
intervention, and evaluation in all patient encounters.
2. Performs nursing procedures.
3. Assists medical provider with processing of diagnostic
results bringing significant values to the provider s attention.
Have knowledge of tests and procedures and their significance as
related to patient care.
4. Administers medication by all routes. Demonstrates and
understands administration techniques. Recognizes the
implementation of dosages, interactions, side effects, adverse
effects, routes of administration of drugs as they apply to
individual patients. Uses knowledge of medications in instructing
patients about medication therapy.
5. Triages/screens telephone call related to patient care.
a. Obtains appropriate information with attention to detail and
accuracy (i.e. using direct symptom related questions keeping
b. Makes nursing assessment utilizing, theory and judgment, and
c. Implements appropriate care using nursing assessment,
protocols, and standing orders.
6. Performs delegated medical acts and provides supervision as
needed in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act to the LPNs and
7. Assesses patient status to determine need for treatment or
intervention in life threatening situations. Participates using
emergency standing orders if needed, or under the direct
supervision of a medical provider.
8. Establishes working relationships teaching protocols for
patient education, family counseling and general public
9. Takes a leadership role in the facilitation of department
functions including mentoring new staff and ensuring policies &
procedures are followed.
10. Leads and participates in site process and policy
11. Cross train and staff other departments as needed.
12. Assists in the development and implementation of policies,
protocols, standing orders and quality assurance standards.
13. Responsible for learning all departments as directed.
14. Maintains coverage for professional staff (LOA s, vacations,
and sick time) and ability to travel to multiple locations.
15. Will receive orientation to other clinic locations.
16. Performs other duties as needed.
1. State Licensure or eligible for State Licensure as a
2. Must complete and pass the Proficiency Assessment delivered
at the conclusion of the onboarding program.
3. Ability to adapt to a variety of situations and
4. Strong communication skills.
5. Ability to travel to other locations.
1. Relevant clinic experience
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
1. Ability to sit or stand for extended periods and to move
quickly between tasks.
2. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
3. Ability to see fine print and to use the computer.
4. Ability to perform fine motor tasks, such as when working
with instruments, taking blood pressures and performing other
patient care tasks, writing, computer or phone tasks.
5. Ability to safely lift up to 20 pounds and to push/pull up to
100 pounds when working with equipment, pushing wheelchairs or
assisting with patient handling tasks.
6. Ability to bend/twist and crouch when performing various job
7. Ability to work with and to wear appropriate Personal
Protective Equipment when working with blood borne pathogens or
8. Ability to wear a respirator/mask.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of
more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500
physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the
clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations.
Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates
outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in
Associated topics: hemodialysis, license, licensed, lpn, lvn, med,
mtp, nurse iv, pediatrics, vocational