Your Career. Made Better.
BJC Home Care Services offers patients and
their families a complete range of home care services, including
skilled nursing services, adult and pediatric hospice and
supportive care, rehabilitation therapy, home infusion therapy,
infusion treatment rooms, home medical equipment and high-tech
respiratory care. Specialty home care programs also are available,
including adult and pediatric asthma, cardiac, diabetes, orthopedic
and wound care programs as well as the Lifeline emergency response
system. BJC Home Care Services provides care to thousands of
patients in both Missouri and Illinois. Serving more than 25
counties, it has become the largest home care network in the region
and one of the largest in the country.
The Metro St. Louis Intermittent Home Care Department of BJC
Home Care Services provides home visits to patients in the
metropolitan St. Louis area and several nearby counties, with 24
hour on-call home care nursing supervision. Our JCAHO accredited,
multi-disciplinary approach combines leading edge technology with a
firm belief in the powerful recuperative advantages of receiving
Provides direct patient care activities including IV management,
utilizing the nursing process, under the supervision of the RN.
- Implements treatments and procedures within the scope of
practice for the Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, provides patient
teaching and discharge planning. Participates in professional
development and life long learning.
- Performs patient assessment and evaluation with regard to the
patient's age and developmental needs.
- Assists in developing and updating the plan of care with regard
to the patient's age and developmental needs.
- Implements plan of care with regard to the patient's age and
- High School Diploma or GED
- - Nursing
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid Driver's License
- LPN - IV Cert
Preferred Requirements and Additional Job
Additional Job Information
- 40 Hours per Week -
- Greater St. Louis -
- Weekend Rotation as Required by Department -
- Benefits Eligible -
- Benefits Statement
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital
East, Memorial Medical Group, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer