We Are Hiring
First Asst-Surgical - Surgery IP 001 - Full-Time Days -
Indianapolis-8111 Township Lin - Indianapolis, IN
Variable hours between 6am and 5:30pm. Can select 8 or 10 hour
shifts. Position includes being in an EVE/NIGHT Shift On-Call
rotation as a Scrub tech.
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based
health system that is guided by our mission to provide
compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are
vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana's largest employers with
22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana.
Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services
including cardiovascular care, women's and children's health,
neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care,
emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute
What You Will Do
As a First Assistant Surgery Technician with St. Vincent
Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to provides direct
assistance to surgeons during surgical procedures.
- Positions patient to give best exposure for surgical procedure,
using stabilizing equipment when necessary, while maximizing
patient comfort and safety.
- Provides visualization of the operative site using appropriate
method, including manipulation of tissue and materials, retraction,
sponging, suctioning and irrigation.
- Utilizes appropriate technique to achieve temporary and
- Assists with body plane closure, application of wound dressings
and securing of drainage systems.
- Assist in room clean up and the removal of the soiled case
cart, supplies, and trash from OR room as needed at the completion
of the surgical case.
- Participates as a surgical team member in the preparation of
the surgical suite according to surgeon's preference cards with
appropriate instruments, resources and supplies.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job
- Surgical Assistant credentialed from the National Board of
Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) obtained prior
to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- At least 1 year working in the role of first assist, preferably
with robotic procedures.
- Must be willing to work as a Scrub tech when not in robotic
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click
the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the
Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the
E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)