Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls and delivers high
quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed
scope of practice, established protocols and company policies.
Essential Duties and
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols,
response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system
components and company policy.
- Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent
with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state and company requirements for operation
of motor vehicle.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy
and safe practices.
- Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through
knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
- Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of
mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness
and appearance standards.
- Reports immediately to the Lead Paramedic any discrepancies in
vehicle or equipment standards that could compromise the unit s
ability to complete a call.
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company
- Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the
Lead Paramedic or Supervisor.
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Other Duties as defined on the job description.
Associated topics: emergency department, emergency medical
technician, emergency room, emt i, emt p, life, slh, technician,
technician i, technician basic