Fulfill your calling at SSM Health.
As an SSM Health employee, you have responsibility to carry on a
ministry our founding Sisters set forth more than 144 years ago by
offering hope and healing to our patients and when you join our
team, our sacred ministry is in your hands. Each one of us brings a
special gift to our Mission, what will yours be?
Employees tell us that the environment at SSM Health St. Mary's
Hospital - St. Louis feels more like a family. Employees are warm
and friendly, they enjoy each other s company, they care for one
another and they share a passion for delivering exceptional patient
The Clinical Documentation Specialist
are located at the specific hospitals. This position will be
located at SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital, St. Louis. The
orientation is 12 weeks long and proficiency takes at least 12
months. There are no weekends or holidays scheduled with this
Join our exceptional team!
Responsible for improving the overall quality and completeness of
clinical documentation in the medical record. Facilitates
modifications to clinical documents through extensive interaction
with physicians, nursing staff, other caregivers and medical
records coding staff to ensure appropriate reimbursement is
received for the level of service rendered to all patients with a
DRG based payor (Medicare, medicaid, Other payers). Ensures the
accuracy and completeness of clinical information used for
measuring and reposting physician and medical center outcomes.
Educates all members of the patient care team on an ongoing basis.
Responsibilities cover SSM DePaul Health Center, St. Marys Health
Center, St. Clare Health Center, St. Joseph Health Center, and St.
Joseph Hospital West.
- Contributes to the overall patient experience through review of
identified levels of Medicare/Managed Medicare admissions for
- Improve quality of patient care and safety by achieving a 35%
overall query/clarification rate.
- Improves overall commitment of employees and physicians as
evidenced 3% or less \"no response rate\".
- Contributes to overall financial performance performance by
improving case mix index to suggested levels.
- Builds exceptional employee commitment through exceptional
collaboration, communication and positive team interactions and
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Associate Degree or Diploma School program in clinical
- RN licensure required
- Basic Life Support
- 3 to 5 years of experience
- Pre Hire Assessment is required. Must pass JA Thomas competency
assessment with a minimum score of >70% to be considered for
SSM St. Mary s Hospital St. Louis
- Must be able to decipher complex medical records and have the
ability to recognize treatments and diagnoses that may not be
- Critical Care &/or Emergency Room &/or Case Management
experience extremely desired
- 5+ years of adult nursing experience highly desired
- Ability to collaborate with physicians, coding team and quality
is very important
- Must be organized, analytical and have excellent writing and
- Critical thinking and interpretation is very
- Excellent communication and relationship building with clinical
- Dependable, motivated, self-directed and pleasant
- Knowledge of Pathophysiology and disease process is highly
- Basic computer skills - familiarity with Windows based software
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital
is a two-time winner of the
prestigious Premier Award for Quality. Centrally located in metro
St. Louis, the 525-bed hospital has distinctive capabilities in
heart attack care, high-risk pregnancies, fetal surgery, a chest
pain center, advanced stroke care and the latest imaging and
SSM Health St. Mary s Hospital - St. Louis has received numerous
awards honoring its overall leadership in clinical excellence.
However, SSM Health St. Mary s Hospital also maintains top-tier
clinical results in several specialty areas, such as completing all
emergent heart catheterizations for heart attacks in under 90
minutes the gold standard of care for more than four years.
Our amazing clinical results earned SSM Health St. Mary s Hospital
the honor of becoming a two-time Premier Quality Award winner in
2010 and 2008 and a three-time, consecutive winner of the
HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical
In 2007, SSM Health St. Mary s received the prestigious Premier |
CareScience National Quality Leader Award, that identified SSM
Health St. Mary s as being in the top 1 percent of the nation in
quality and efficiency. SSM Health St. Mary s is a member of SSM
Health, the first health care organization in the country to be
named a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award winner.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life
and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term
disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement
accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption
reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan
options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Associated topics: addiction, advocate, casework, clinical,
coordinator, forensic, lmsw, mental, mental health, youth