Responsible for providing health care services in the clinical
setting. Exercises professional judgment in performance of services
and maintains a demeanor complementary to medical ethics. Provides
appropriate patient care. Assists with general patient preparation,
assists providers, and performs day-to-day business office
activities and collection responsibilities.
- Maintains the medical record including confidentiality and
documentation of all care provided.
- Completes visit assessment documenting all elements of patient
- Educates and provides call back to patients and families
regarding care, procedures, referrals, test results and
medications. Helps to manage timeliness of In-basket.
- Demonstrates ability to set-up and perform clinic-specific
procedures to include operation of equipment per policy and
- Demonstrates ability to perform clinic-specific quality
control, lab testing, phlebotomy, and completion of logs.
- Demonstrates medication knowledge, storage, documentation and
administration per policy and procedure.
- Able to schedule appointments and/or referrals and complete
prior- authorization process to meet the needs of the clinic
- Assumes additional responsibilities to meet regulatory
compliance such as Infection Control, Joint Commission and Rural
- Assumes other responsibilities as assigned.
- Successful completion of a License Practical Nurse
- Current Missouri License as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
American Heart Association BLS certification within 3 months of
- Minimum one year experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse,
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use computers proficiently and other office
equipment (fax machine, copy machine, typewriter and other
equipment as required).
- Able to function effectively in stressful situations and
flexibility in daily prioritizing of tasks. Must be able to
maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Able to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain opened in 1918 as Audrain
Medical Center. Today, the 89-bed community hospital offers a range
of services including emergency care, cardiology services, medical
imaging, men's health services, women and child services, and
diabetes education. The hospital features the J.B. & Greta B.
Arthur Cancer Center, the Jordan-Waters Heart Center and
Healthworks Rehabilitation services.
Associated topics: advanced, anesthetist, anesthetist crna,
associate, certified nursing assistant, cna, gerontological nurse
practitioner, neighborcare, np, nursing assistant cna