Akron Children's Hospital is one of the largest independent
pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best
children's hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated
staff serves nearly 800,000 patient visits per year through our 2
hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary
and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and
communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention
and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio
Medical University and other universities, we train new generations
of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse
environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of
backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed,
included and can thrive.
Shift Information: Day Job
Days / Two Clinic Days A Month
Two clinic days a month at Marietta location.
- Perform complete non-invasive transthoracic echocardiographic
studies, including two-dimensional, M-Mode and Doppler by lab
approved protocols without prompting.
- Assist the physician with transesophageal, intraoperative and
- Demonstrate the ability to function independently.
- Provide applicable data regarding cardiac anatomy and
hemodynamics in order to assist the cardiologist in the diagnosis
of congenital heart defects.
- Must be able to use a variety of equipment necessary to perform
- The staff member must demonstrate the ability to assess patient
status, and identify each patients specific age
- Must be available for call 24 hours a day on a rotational
- Employee will be expected to work at remote clinic facilities
and be responsible for their own transportation.
- Promoted from Cardiac Sonographer I position, or a candidate
who has completed a two-year allied health education degree in a
patient-care related field with extensive full time clinical
pediatric echocardiography experience, or a graduate of a CHEA
(Council for Higher Education Accreditation) accredited
cardiovascular program with extensive full time clinical pediatric
echocardiography experience, or a candidate with a bachelors degree
and extensive full time pediatric echocardiography clinical
- Basic Life Support Certification required.
- Must be able to interact with a variety of people and ages in a
helpful manner, with understanding of growth and development
specific to that age.
- Must be able to rotate call for 24 hour coverage of cardiac
- Must sit for the ARDMS RDCS pediatric registry within 18 months
of hire and be fully registered within 2.5 years of
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to